Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
- Pain Free
- Quick and Easy Service Time
- Ethnic Skin Safe
- Never Shave or Wax Again
- Smooth, Flawless Skin
- Gets Rid of Ingrown Hairs
- Helps To Heal Damaged Follicle
SILK MedSpa offers Painless Laser Hair Removal, a safe, fast and effective solution for getting rid of unwanted hair. At SILK MedSpa, we use state-of-the-art laser systems designed to remove hair with less discomfort.
Laser Hair Removal involves bursts of intense light energy that helps remove unwanted hair and inhibits it from regrowing again. Laser Hair Removal has been around now for quite some time, and has greatly evolved with advancements in laser technologies. Laser Hair Removal in the past has been quite painful, took hours to treat your full body and wasn’t as effective as today. SILK MedSpa offers the most advanced up-to date technology using SHR IPL “super hair removal” “intense pulse light” that is virtually painless. You now can even come in on your lunch break and treat your legs, underarms and bikini in less than 30 minutes. With it’s chilled tip, and super fast speed we effectively and efficiently treat all skin types and cover large areas.
Laser hair removal is one of today’s most popular and common cosmetic treatments for both men and women. At SILK MedSpa, we can help you to get rid of that unwanted hair. Imagine; No more discomfort and mess of shaving, tweezing, waxing or using those harsh chemicals to remove unwanted hair. Experience the world free of unwanted hair with our laser hair removal services for our patients living in Toronto and surrounding areas.
What To Expect
How many treatments will I need?
Is Laser Hair Removal safe?
Is Laser Hair Removal Permanent?
Will it Hurt?
Can Laser Hair Removal be used on the face?
Can Laser Hair Removal prevent and remove ingrown hairs?
SHR IPL Laser Hair Removal Technology
Are there any factors that effect hair growth?
- Avoid sun exposure for at least four weeks after treatment and use sun block SPF30 or greater. It is highly recommended to avoid any sun exposure, fake tanning or solariums between treatments.
- Redness and slight swelling is common for a couple of hours to a couple of days after treatment. This is a natural response and there is no need for concern. Regular application of a soothing gel or ice pack will dramatically improve recovery time.
- It is recommended to keep cool prior to and after treatment. Avoid exercise, saunas and swimming in pools or spas, scented lotions, loofahs, exfoliants or AHA’s immediately prior to and post laser hair removal as these activities can irritate the skin and increase the incidence of treatment reactions.
- For a period of up to 2 to 3 weeks (or 7 to 10 days for the face) the hairs in the treated area may have the appearance of stubble. This is not new hair growth but rather the remnants of the treated hair being expelled from the damaged follicle. Allow the hair to fall out naturally however if you want to assist the shedding of hair you can do so by gently rubbing with a warm washcloth.
- You are able to shave any unwanted hair in-between treatments but avoid waxing, plucking, threading or bleaching the area. This will remove the hair from the follicle or bleach it making it impossible to treat until the hair grows back.
- During a course of laser hair removal sessions is to avoid any kind of sun exposure, use of self-tanners (including spray tans) or use of solariums. This can greatly effect laser treatment as laser is attracted to dark pigment and is unable to decipher between the pigment in dark hair or tanned/darker skin. To reduce any risk of skin burning or pigmenting due to incorrect preparation, your clinician must be aware if you have had recent UV exposure or are wearing fake tan. An SPF30 or greater sunscreen must be used daily and frequently to protect the treated area throughout the course of treatments.
- As waxing, plucking and threading temporarily remove the hair from the follicle before it grows back, it is imperative to not pursue such methods for a minimum of 4 weeks prior to laser hair removal in the treatment area. If there is no hair in the follicle at the time of treatment, then the laser is unable to successfully target and destroy growth. The use of shaving or depilatory creams on the treatment area is not a problem as they do not remove the hair from the follicle.
- It is recommended only to remove surface hair by shaving, depilatory creams, or clipping the treated areas during the course of treatment.
- Shave the area to be treated 24 hours prior to your treatment; this will promote a stronger current in the laser which will mean better results.
- Avoid partaking in any activities prior to coming in for treatment that will make you hot and sweaty. I.e. going to the gym, spas or saunas.