Benefits of the Photo Rejuvenation
- Minimizes redness from broken capillaries and rosacea.
- Lightens Pigmented Lesions, Melasma, and Sun Damage.
- Stimulates Collagen and Elastin Regeneration.
- No Down Time.
- Quick and Easy Service Time
Photo Rejuvenation refers to the non-invasive laser light-based technology that treats sun damage, hyper pigmentation, vascular imperfections and Rosacea. It has FDA clearance and can deliver excellent results without requiring any downtime. Do you have Rosacea? It is cosmetic condition characterized by facial erythema or redness of the skin, this can be treated with the non-invasive laser light procedure called Photo Rejuvenation. Let our skin experts at SILK Medspa customize an IPL Photo Rejuvenation in our clinics to help you rejuvenate your skin.
Even if you don’t have Rosacea, you can also undergo this procedure to get rid of facial imperfections brought about by sun damage and hyperpigmentation. Photo Rejuvenation is a quick and hassle-free way to treat rosacea, and get rid of textural irregularities and discoloration that add years to your skin. It only takes about 15 minutes and doesn’t require any downtime. To get optimal results, it’s recommended to come back regularly for touch-up treatments.
What is Photo Rejuvenation?
Photo Rejuvenation is a non-invasive treatment performed with medical-grade Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) technology. It is designed to target certain skin conditions, including pigmentation, fine lines and wrinkles, sun damaged skin, broken capillaries, redness, and rosacea.
The process works by using accurately targeted light energy to safely treat abnormal blood vessels or pigmentation. This stimulates the body’s natural healing process to assist in healing the condition, while also promoting the natural production of collagen, which leaves skin smoother and more evenly toned. Treatments have proven to generate substantial visible improvements in the skin without any recovery downtime.
Similar to laser hair removal, the machine used to perform Photo Rejuvenation is attracted to dark pigments and cannot be performed on tanned skins that have had recent exposure to the sun or are affected by spray or self-tanning.
About the Treatment
Every time you look in the mirror, does your skin look older and a little more tired? Is the effect of the sun taking its toll? Most of us, at one point or another, have thought of possibly putting a stop to, or at least slowing down the ageing process and its effect upon our skin. But how can we do that? Silk Medspa answers this question with our non-invasive solution.
We all contend with the natural ageing process on a daily basis, but harsh environmental factors also impact upon our skin. Until recently, most skin rejuvenation treatments involved a lengthy, inconvenient recovery period and surgery. IPL Photo Rejuvenation is a new sophisticated – yet simple – aesthetic procedure that doesn’t require surgery.
This revolutionary new method involves a series of beams of light being pulsed onto the facial area. This improves the signs of photo-aging and rosacea while reducing fine lines, wrinkles, enlarged pores, telangiectasia and irregular pigmentation – resulting in dramatically younger and more beautiful skin. The benefits are consistent, with visible improvement in the skin, and, importantly, minimal discomfort.
When following our Photo Rejuvenation guidelines, patients experience consistent, visible and long-lasting improvement to the skin. IPL Photo rejuvenation has a great appeal because of the dramatic visual improvement to the skin, the simple nature of the treatment and, most importantly, the complete absence of recovery time. Patients are able to return immediately to normal activity.
Which Symptoms Can be Treated Effectively With Photo Rejuvenation?
Erythema: Particularly erythema cases of the face, neck or chest. Patients can expect an average of 50-75% reduction in facial erythema after five sessions. Benefits have also continued for up to twelve months.
Flushing: Until recently, there has been no effective solution for facial, neck or chest flushing. Photo rejuvenation is extremely effective in reducing the degree of flushing in all patients treated. Most patients report a 75% (or greater) reduction in flushing.
Rosacea: Patients with active inflammatory rosacea generally experience a considerable improvement in their symptoms after a number of Photo Rejuvenation sessions. Most patients are able to decrease or discontinue treatments for rosacea. Although symptoms of rosacea may re-occur, most patients report a 60% (or greater) improvement.
Photo-aging and sun damage: Skin that displays fine wrinkling, freckling or irregular pigmentation from chronic sun exposure is visibly improved after a series of sessions. Fine wrinkles have generally shown an average improvement of 15-25% (or greater) after five facial rejuvenation sessions.
Pigmentation Problems: These include brown age spots, melismas that are coarse,and rough appearing skin with large pores. Patients with this skin type generally experience smoother, softer skin with a visible reduction in pores after treatments. Pore size improves an average of 50% (or greater).
Non Facial Sun damage: Chest, dorsal, hand, forearm and legs can all be safely rejuvenated using the Photo Rejuvenation procedure.
Acne Scarring: IPL Photo Rejuvenation is effective in reducing the erythema and post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation of acne scarring.
- Photo-rejuvenation offers several advantages over other skin rejuvenation modalities such as chemical peeling.
- The only truly effective treatment for facial, neck and chest erythema, telangiectasia and flushing.
- One of the main advantages with photo-rejuvenation treatments is that there are substantial visible improvements seen in the skin with no downtime.
- Safe with a minimal risk of scarring or adverse effects.
- Treatments are quick and easy for patients and, generally speaking, no anaesthesia is required.
- The whole face can be treated with laser photo rejuvenation for most patients within ten to twenty minutes.
- Millions of Australians with skin changes of rosacea and/or photo-aging can benefit immensely from treatments.
- The energy delivered in photo-rejuvenation is in the form of pulses of light. The wavelength of the laser is within the visible spectrum of light, so there is minimal risk of ocular injury and a higher level of patient safety.
- Photo-rejuvenation treatments can be safely used on non-facial skin. This permits effective treatment of neck and chest erythema, and photo-aging of the neck, chest, forearms, shoulders and legs.v